BEAUTY ain't always about us women. Occasionally men want to get involved, too.
And just over a week ago my London-based chum and DJ/Writer/All Round Leg-end extraordinaire Joel Crookes jokingly asked if he could be featured and talk about his 'beauty tips' on my blog. Be careful what you wish for Mr Crookes....
Joel Crookes. Handsome and stylish...
1. Ey up Joel. What's your daily beauty routine?
Before I moved to London I didn't need to moisturise because the water in Morecambe isn't as hard as it is here.
Now I use Clean and Clear Daily Facial Scrub and L’Oréal Hydra Energetic Anti-Fatigue moisturiser. I did try one of the Bulldog products which I was given as a Christmas present once, but that was a bit too greasy.
I attempt to sort my hair out with VO5 Texturising Gum, but I've got a daft hair-line so it all just grows straight and flat anyway.
2. Whose style do you admire and why?
I am a big fan of Mark Ronson, he always dresses well in sharp, well-fitted suits.
Kanye West is very much into his clothes and definitely has his "dapper gent" style locked down. And Mr Hudson, of course [Mr Hudson makes Joel want to do a sex wee]
3. Do you agree that Mr Hudson is a fan of beige jumpers - see my style blog with Katie Taylor -www.bigmushroomstyle.blogspot.com
Without a doubt. But if you've seen the cover for "Straight No Chaser" you'll understand why. He is effortlessly cool, even in beige.
4. Who's the most beautiful woman in the world?
Apart from you, I only have eyes for Zooey Deschanel. Possibly Alexa Chung or Mélissa Theuriau (French newsreader). Maybe throw in Jessica Chobot (IGN / Xbox Live presenter) too for good luck.
5. If you were a woman, whose style would you steal?
Alexa Chung without a doubt.
6. What's the most unflattering look on a woman?
I lived in Liverpool for a few years and I did not find the velour tracksuit/pyjamas, perma-tan and ratty dyed hair look attractive at all.
7. What item of clothing wouldn't you be seen dead in?
A Liverpool FC shirt.
8. If you were a woman, which make-up look would you try out first?Dark eyes first, red lips second. Or both at the same time.
9. Whose style is overrated?
Sarah Jessica Parker. She isn't fashionable, her stylist is.
10. Finally, which product couldn't you leave the house without?
Eye drops and Blistex.
So there you have it!
Go and befriend Joel at www.twitter.com/joelcrookes. He's a top lad.
Fellas, want to be featured here? Email me at email@example.com and I promise not to take the mickey.