I don't know about you, but the Christmas build up starts as early as...er...now for me. It doesn't matter how old I get; in fact, I seem to become more enamoured with the festive season with each and every year.
Where as a little 'un, Christmas for me was about presents and only presents (probably!), now it's all about food and family. Only kidding. And presents!
So, because I know some of you out there get as excited as me in the run up to December 25, I'm bringing you a quick rundown of some of my favourite gift ideas for her. Well, let's not generalise here actually; I know more than a few chaps who love baking, for one. And well, who am I to judge a fella who likes a bit of foundation.
With that in mind, I'm coming atcha with a mid-priced selection of gifts I hope you'll love...
1. Vintage Glass Cake Dome - With the Great British Bake Off back on our screens (how is it nearly the grand finale already, though? Sob), I've been upping my own baking game and whipping up all sorts in the kitchen. Check out my Instagram account for some of my latest bakes, including a pretty delicious-looking bundt cake that looks like a doughnut. As I hate having to mess around with tin foil when it comes to wrapping up a cake; I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it always ends up ripped to shreds (the foil, not the cake). So I'd love a glass cupcake dome like this - and I think you would too.
2. Penhaligon's Perfume Gift Set - I rarely, if ever, watch QVC, but the other day I got word of a show featuring my all-time favourite fragrance brand, Penhaligons. Well, of course I had to tune in. Some 20 minutes later and I was on the site purchasing a fragrance and body lotion combo for myself, while my other half re-purchased one of his old faithfuls, too. If you've yet to try the brand's beautifully heady perfumed concoctions, this miniature Penhaligon's fragrance collection offers the perfect way to give it a go without paying full whack for a bottle you might not like.
3. Ankle Boots - For me, Christmas is as much about the wintery season that comes with it as it is about the big day itself. I love the build-up, particularly in term of clothes. For me, few things are more exciting - sad, I know - than pushing my summer clothes to the back of my drawers and dusting off big, cosy jumpers and autumn/winter boots. I've already spotted a pair I like the look of over at Jones the Bootmaker; they've got a whole host of gorgeous ladies' boots to suit all styles - and leg shapes! I particularly like these Madison ankle boots; the perfect heel height and ideal to slip on with all kinds of cosy autumn outfits. I. Can't. Wait.
4. Korres CC Cream - Lately, I've been paring back my beauty routine to include a host of simpler products. While I'm getting older, I realise that simply piling on layers and layers of foundation just isn't going to cut it. So I'm embracing my fine lines and instead wearing a lighter base. I'm a big fan of Korres' Wild Rose CC cream, which offers all the coverage I need without swamping my often blemish-prone skin. Give it a go if you're looking for something a little less weighty for the winter months, too.
5. Make-up Bag - For me, no Christmas would be complete without a brand new cosmetics bag. I think I've had one every year since I've been old enough to wear the stuff, and it almost seems like it wouldn't really be December 25 if one of these wasn't waiting under the tree. I don't know; there's something quite nice about getting a new cosmetics bag, isn't there? I love adding my newly-purchased winter make up to it as it really does beat chucking a couple of half empty mascaras and an old lippy into a stained, well-used make-up bag. I love this one by the Handpicked Collection; simple and stylish, it's feminine without being OTT.
So, tell me (because I'm nosey like that) what's on your Christmas wish list this year? Got your eye on anything on the list (above), or spotted something cool and quirky elsewhere?
* Collaborative post. All views are my own